Do's and Dont's for Internet Banking
Do’s & Dont’s of Internet Banking
- Always visit DNS Bank Internet Banking Site through the URL https://www.dnsbank.in directly.
- Give your user id and password only at the authenticated login page.
- Before providing your user id and password please ensure that the page displayed is an https:// page and not an http:// Please also look for the lock sign at the right bottom of the browser and the certificate from the verification authorities.
- Verify the domain name displayed on the site to avoid spoof websites.
- Please remember that bank would never ask you to verify your account information through an e-mail.
- Update your PC with latest anti-virus and spy ware software
- We recommend that a suitable firewall may be installed in your PC to protect the contents from outsiders on the internet.
- Check your account statement regularly and ensure that it is correct in every respect.
- Report any erroneous entries to Bank immediately on observing any discrepancy.
- Do not click on any link which has come through e-mail from an unexpected source. It may contain malicious code or could be an attempt to 'Phish'.
- If you get an e-mail that you believe is a phishing attempt, you do not reply to it, click on the links or provide your personal information.
- Do not provide any information on a page which might have come up as a pop-up window.
- Do not reveal/share your banking information or online banking/payment card user-ids and passwords to any third party.
- Never provide your password over the phone or in response to an unsolicited request over e-mail.
- Always remember that information like password etc. are strictly confidential and are not known even to employee’s/service personnel of the Bank. You should therefore, never divulge such information even if asked for.